Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grandma

My grandmother fell down the stairs
I was at the bar when this happened
Me and James, we were arguing about the sun
Was it going to keep up forever keeping us
Alive or was it going to get tired one day and fall
Into a Great Lake You’re not happy, said James

When I got home Grandma was a human mess
No human should be so fragile that you’re afraid
To hold her wrist even what if I pick her up too hard
What if she fades during transportation call me
An optimist but I knew then the sun would keep up
Keeping us alive for a long long time that this playground
Here with the merry-go-round made of bones and the aluminum
Slide made of desire and the swing set made of our genitalia
Because it’s funny that way was alive and laughing hell James,
I thought, I am happy I just don’t think it’s right that’s all

No comments:

Post a Comment